Thursday, March 20, 2008

True Lies

Saw the movie back when we loved watching a film with a brawny hero who sets off a bomb within a second to spare. The name of the movie was definitely catchy and often baffles up on getting the meaning straight .Perhaps, this little event can help you understand the meanings. I came back from the Nortel Conference held at Sheraton Karachi. The discussion was very interesting with the host adding a witty touch when he told us that filmstar Reema was asked to host this technology program. Nortel actually called up this conference as it had recently set up its business in Pakistan and was looking for some fine clients. I would like to mention it here that the company I serve presently ,Arwentech (formerly Americom) is a technology consultant company which buys telecom equipment from companies like Nortel and vends it in form of a solution to its own clients. Anyways, the hall was packed from the start as there was no participation fee ( plus everyone was to get a gift hamper from Nortel on leaving) of the session .I found myself at odds as I looked younger compared to the other participants and soon I found out that it were the managers that were all around me. One of the organizers came up to me in the tea break and started interviewing me with a suspicious look. Anyways when I told them I was from Arwentech, he looked relieved and when I told him my name ‘Ahsan’ he went wild like Ohhh Mr. Ahsan it was a pleaseure meeting you and blah blah blah…I just new what exactly happened at that point. The guy had mistaken me as the other Ahsan who is btw a Manager at our company and I was like what should I do next?….. tell him I was not what he was thinking or should I just pretend t be a manager especially sent to represent the company. I sat there inaudibly realizing what a big Truth Liar I was. And the shirt i got from that gift hamper was amazing :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home